If you keep yourself aware of the fashion trends doing the rounds or are just an active Instagram user, you would know that one raging trend of the moment is animal prints. The print that’s always challenged and excited me amongst them all is the snake print. I know girls wearing it can seem daunting at first, might even fetch you some glances but when worn the right way, trust you me, it can look very chic, modern and playful at the same time. So, if you are looking to update your wardrobe with the same and would like some insight into how to build on this stand-out piece, keep reading!
1. Belts and Bags – For beginners and for those of you all who just want to dip their pinky-toe, accessories are the way to go. If you’re someone who doesn’t like to surrender to the trends completely but incorporate them gradually, then why not update your look in an understated way? Snake print can look a bit brash when made into certain accessories, but belts and bags always make for a good, subtle start. The print really compliments certain tones and colors well, and can be a new, fresh addition and great way to bring life back to all those neglected dresses and coats this year.
2. Shirts – A step-up into the snakeskin journey would be to invest in a shirt in this print. A shirt is a great way to bring this print into your outfit because you always have the option and the liberty of pairing it with your regular, monotones. You can choose from the smaller, intricate prints or the larger, more garish prints. Go for the one that speaks for you!
3. Skirts – One of my favorite ways to bring the snake print body into your complete outfit. My personal tip herein would be to go for a draping midi skirt. A skirt on the whole gives you greater pairing options – from regular blacks and whites, to various neutrals and even subtle prints. For me, a skirt and its pairings are just a calmer way to style because you always have an option to cut-through all that print action.
4. Boots – Another easy way to wear this trend for the season is to invest in a pair of boots. It’s a subtle, low-key way to incorporate the pattern into your look and be on-point for the season. Pick the length that suits your style and body type, the versatility these can bring to your look this season is seriously unmatched.
5. Dress – Finally it’s time to go all out and embrace the snake print and welcome it wholly. If you are daring to go, pick an all-out snakeskin dress or even a jumpsuit. Especially during the winters, a dress makes it extremely easy to build an outfit. Team it up with a pair of stockings/leggings, your go-to boots and your favorite denim/leather jacket and you are pretty much sorted. The statement snake print does all the work.